Two years ago next month, Eric and I found out we were going to be parents. Nine months later, we held this little baby in our arms and were absolutely horrified that we would not be able to be the parents she needed and that we could never teach her all she needed to know to survive. Now, we have a little toddler with a bubbly personality, and smile that just melts my heart, and an attitude when she doesn’t get her way.
And this little one year old has taught me SO much. For example…
1. A little mess never hurt anybody.
2. Keep picking yourself up. You may fall hundreds of times, but dang it, try again.
3. There is joy in routines. There is discovery in redundancy.
4. It’s ok to cry. Sometimes it’s even necessary.
5. Comparisons are dangerous. Know yourself and love yourself, regardless of what other people are doing.
6. Live in the moment. Explore. Have an adventure.
7. Take care of yourself. If you’re hungry, eat. If you’re tired, sleep.
8. Everyone needs (and deserves) a hug.
9. Smile and wave at a stranger.
10. If you go into a relationship looking for a friend, you’ll find one.
11. There can be more happiness found in a few simple things than in a hundred fancy, pricey things.
12. If you like something, don’t be ashamed.
13. When you hear music, DANCE.
14. There is no shame in talking to yourself.
15. Bath time can be SO much fun.
16. Use your senses. Listen, taste, touch, smell, experience
17. Sometimes it feels great to be naked.
18. Even if you feel sad, you can always find a way to laugh again.
19. Read. Books are amazing.
20. Life is a wonderful blessing. Live it. Enjoy it. 🙂