Despite the family picture on the front page, this blog is written mostly (alright, exclusively) by me, Stefani.
For myself, this is an outlet for my late night writing cravings, a way to share the goings on in our family, and an opportunity to share the things I’m most passionate about. On this blog, you’ll find me talking about natural parenting, whole foods cooking, preparing to homeschool my kiddos, sewing and embroidery, sustainable living and homesteading, children’s literature, Mormonism, being a stay at home mom and…I’m sure there’ll be much more.
I don’t claim to be an expert in or a perfect follower of any of these things, but I do love them and try my best to promote those things that I find to be most suitable for my family and our lifestyle choices. I don’t presume that everyone holds the same beliefs as I do and try my best not to “push” anything. I love talking to all different kinds of people, regardless of beliefs, practices, hobbies, or whatever. I think that one of the most wonderful things about blogging is the opportunity it provides to meet new people, both similar and different from myself.
And…that’s enough of the serious stuff. How about a list of other awesome things I happen to think are great?
1. Dark depressing novels…I try to read the happy stuff, but it doesn’t hold me. (Which is weird, because I like to think I’m a pretty happy person.) Wuthering Heights and Les Miserables are two of my favorites.
2. Super dramatic TV shows like Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and Dexter. (Two of which end soon…I feel lost.)
3. And then there’s the reality shows…only the fashion ones, though. America’s Next Top Model and Project Runway have me hooked and I’m not ashamed.
4. Pretending to know what I’m talking about – this happens a lot.
5. Studying my family history. My favorite thing is looking up old newspaper articles and pictures. Love it.
6. Folk and Alt-country music – I used to be a country girl, but then I needed it a little rougher, so this was the logical choice. Also, I kinda love punk rock. Just sayin’.
7. Old books and used book stores.
8. Cemeteries – probably somehow related to #5.
9. Weather below 75 degrees Fahrenheit. Anything higher is disgusting, in my opinion.
10. Spending time with my wonderful family…because they basically rock.
Any other questions? Feel free to email me here. I love making new blogging friends!