I. Love. Fall. It’s the season of cardigans, so of course of love it – I’m the girl that tries to wear a cardigan in 80 degree weather, because dang it, they feel right.
I was inspired by the lovely Amy to make a bucket list, so we’ll be able to take advantage of all the wonderful things that Fall 2013 has to offer. Not only because this is our last fall as a family of three, but because before we know it, there’ll be snow on the ground. And I’ll be…whale-like.
Our Fall “Bucket List” (It’s in quotes, because I’m not planning on dying by the end of Fall and I’m a little superstitious. And a dork.)
1. Carve pumpkins
2. Eat cider doughnuts (maybe homemade?) and hot apple cider
3. Jump in the leaves
4. Decorate for Halloween (because I decorate for the holidays, like…never)
5. Pick apples and make all the goodies that go with them (like applesauce, apple pie, apple cobbler). Get fat.
6. Bake pumpkin bread and pumpkin cookies. With and without chocolate chips. (When was the last time I ate, seriously?)
7. Go on a hayride, preferably haunted.
8. Paint gourds.
9. Celebrate Día de Muertos by remembering our ancestors that have passed on.
10. Go leaf peeping like tourists. Try to hike off the food from numbers 6 and 7. And 2.
11. Have a picnic in the park.
12. Watch “Hocus Pocus” and “Arsenic and Old Lace.”
13. Make some crafts out of leaves and acorns.
14. Corn Maze!
15. Last but not least…Chili and corn bread. Must. Have.
And…now I’m officially excited. The weather better cool down…like, now.